2 displaced after fireplace in Phillipsburg severely damages dwelling

PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. – Two residents are displaced after a hearth closely broken a house in Phillipsburg, New Jersey Wednesday.

Police and fireplace crews had been despatched to the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue for the report of a construction fireplace with flames displaying, in line with a information launch from the Phillipsburg Fireplace Chief. The rear of the house was totally concerned in fireplace, which was additionally threatening the house subsequent door.

Residents of each houses had been safely evacuated earlier than fireplace crews arrived. The hearth was introduced underneath management in about 90 minutes.

The house the place the fireplace began was severely broken and deemed “uninhabitable.”

No accidents had been reported.

The 2 residents of the house the place the fireplace broke out had been displaced, and are being assisted by the American Purple Cross.

See also  4-day competition at SteelStacks highlights all issues Irish