Marketing campaign finance necessities govern how a lot cash candidates might obtain from people and organizations, how typically they have to report these contributions, and the way a lot people, organizations, and political entities might contribute to campaigns.
Whereas marketing campaign finance isn’t the one think about electoral outcomes, profitable fundraising can present a candidate with benefits throughout a marketing campaign. Fundraising can even point out social gathering momentum.
This text lists prime fundraisers within the Pennsylvania Home of Representatives, total and by social gathering. It’s primarily based on marketing campaign finance experiences that officeholders in and candidates for the Home submitted to the Pennsylvania Division of State. It consists of exercise between January 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021.
Prime fundraisers within the Pennsylvania Home of Representatives by social gathering
The highest fundraisers in Pennsylvania Home of Representatives elections are proven under. People are introduced with the workplace that they’re on the poll for in 2022, if relevant.
Within the Democratic Get together, the highest fundraisers had been:
- Kevin Boyle – $975,525
- Matthew Bradford – $957,046
- Brian Sims – $684,444
- Joanna McClinton – $564,189
- Malcolm Kenyatta – $260,096
Within the Republican Get together, the highest fundraisers had been:
- Bryan Cutler – $457,816
- Greg Rothman – $388,370
- Thomas Mehaffie (District 106) – $366,250
- Stanley Saylor – $328,638
- Andrew Lewis – $247,050
General, Democratic officeholders and candidates raised $6.82 million on this interval. Republican officeholders and candidates raised $4.90 million. Mixed, all Home fundraisers within the January 1, 2021, by way of December 31, 2021, submitting interval raised $11.73 million.
The 5 largest Democratic fundraisers had been accountable for 50 % of all Democratic Home fundraising. The 5 largest Republican fundraisers had been accountable for 36 % of all Republican Home fundraising.
The desk under supplies extra knowledge from the marketing campaign finance experiences from the highest ten fundraisers throughout this era.
TOP TEN FUNDRAISERS – PENNSYLVANIA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES (January 1, 2021, by way of December 31, 2021)
Identify Get together Affiliation Raised Spent
- Kevin Boyle Democratic Get together $975,525 $262,423
- Matthew Bradford Democratic Get together $957,046 $680,164
- Brian Sims Democratic Get together $684,444 $347,055
- Joanna McClinton Democratic Get together $564,189 $240,851
- Bryan Cutler Republican Get together $457,816 $569,912
- Greg Rothman Republican Get together $388,370 $124,536
- Thomas Mehaffie Republican Get together $366,250 $60,039
- Stanley Saylor Republican Get together $328,638 $299,465
- Malcolm Kenyatta Democratic Get together $260,096 $167,505
- Andrew Lewis Republican Get together $247,050 $119,711
Marketing campaign finance reporting durations
The info above are primarily based on marketing campaign finance experiences that candidate PACs submitted to the Pennsylvania Division of State. Candidate PACs symbolize people who’ve run for state or native workplace at any level, together with previous and current officeholders. This text doesn’t embody non-candidate PACs. In 2022, Transparency USA will publish marketing campaign finance knowledge after the next main reporting deadlines. State or federal legislation might require filers to submit extra experiences.
Report Identify Report Due Date
- 2021 Annual (C7) 1/31/2022
- 2022 Pre-Major (C1) 3/17/2022
- 2022 Pre-Major (C2) 5/9/2022
- 2022 Publish-Major (C3) 6/20/2022
- 2022 Pre-Normal (C4) 9/22/2022
- 2022 Pre-Normal (C5) 10/31/2022
- 2022 Publish-Normal (C6) 12/12/2022
- 2022 Annual (C7) 2/1/2023
This text is a joint publication from Ballotpedia and Transparency USA, who’re working collectively to offer marketing campaign finance info for state-level elections.